Status: No Positions Available
106 9th Street, Lot 1
Port Fourchon/Golden Meadow, LA 70357
Recruiter: Brett Borne
The forklift operator is responsible for the safe lifting and traveling necessary in daily operations at the facility. This includes the unloading and loading of pipe, chemicals and other materials related to the oil industry. The forklift operator is also responsible for the pre-staging of said equipment per instructions for loading onto the appropriate vessel, as well as the general ship and storage organization and forklift maintenance.
The forklift operator is responsible for:
- Daily maintenance, including the inspection of all major safety and operational systems, the filling of all fluids and the reporting of necessary repairs.
- Keeping the equipment cleaned, painted and greased daily.
- Keeping proper equipment and paperwork up-to-date and current.
- Slip and storage up-keep and maintaining the organizational system prescribed by the appropriate employer for the storage of materials at the facility.
- Pre-staging materials at a specific slip to expedite the vessel load out when instructed.
- Assisting with pre-slinging and the removal of the pre-slinging when necessary.
- Discussing and executing a safe and efficient method of loading trucks once a shipment has been arranged.
- Maintaining responsibility for his/her equipment. The forklift operator will not let anyone who has not been checked out and approved by management operate the equipment.
- Constantly watching for anything that could make the previously stated duties unsafe for himself/herself or others.
- Valid Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC card)
- Due to high volume of applicants, 6 months' prior forklift experience is preferred but not required
- High school diploma preferred but not required
- Must pass pre-employment physical, drug screen, background check and forklift class
- Subject to random drug screening
- Must have reliable transportation to and from work
- $16.00-$17.50 hourly
- Main schedule of 7 on, 7 off
- 12-hour workdays, 84-hour work week
- Meals provided during training days
- Comprehensive benefits package: health, dental, vision, long term disability, 401(k), and company-paid short-term disability
C-Port is an Equal Opportunity Employer and promotes diversity in the workplace.