Status: Accepting Résumés
106 9th Street, Lot 1
Port Fourchon/Golden Meadow, LA 70357
Recruiter: Brett Borne
The cook/galleyhand is responsible for preparing good, nutritional meals for crews, clients and employees of company. The cook's function is important, in that a well-fed crew is a happy crew. The cook must prepare meals that are nutritional, presentable and enjoyed by all crew members.
The cook/galleyhand will:
- Plan the menu, taking advantage of foods in season and locally available.
- Maintain an adequate stock of provisions while staying within budget, if possible.
- Order all necessary galley provisions, keeping records and accounts.
- Prepare meals in quantities according to menu and number of persons to be served. Crew size ranges from 7 to 50.
- Bake bread and pastries from scratch and cut meat.
- Maintain galley and dining areas in a clean and sanitary manner.
- Potentially direct activities to another cook or galleyhand in preparing and serving meals.
- Ensure that the refrigeration equipment is kept at the correct temperature for the provisions stored in them.
- Be familiar with all the equipment in the galley.
- Secure the galley during emergencies.
- Assist in the loading and unloading of groceries.
- Perform any other additional duties that may be required or assigned.
The cook/galleyhand may also serve meals and wash dishes.
- Valid Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC card)
- Due to high volume of applicants, 6 months' prior cooking experience is preferred but not required
- High school diploma preferred but not required
- Must pass pre-employment physical, drug screen and background check
- Subject to random drug screening
- Must have reliable transportation to and from work
- Must be able to bake from scratch
- Must be able to stay on work location for 7 work days
- Competitive pay
- Main schedule of 7 on, 7 off
- Comprehensive benefits package: health, dental, vision, long term disability, 401(k) and company-paid short-term disability
C-Port is an Equal Opportunity Employer and promotes diversity in the workplace.